Zippy Ham Balls
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb fully cooked ham, ground
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup shredded wheat cereal, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix pork, ham, eggs, milk, and cereal.
- Mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/2 inch balls.
- Put into greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- In saucepan, combine sauce ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Pour over the ham balls.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 1 hour until browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After DH and I moved away from the farm, and to the city...I haven't done as much cooking and very little canning. But I do come to Zaar and look for new recipes once in a while. I'm still cooking Zaar!! I like to play at Facebook, with my family and friends. A lot of my Zaar friends are there!! Yay! It's a good way to keep in touch. We travel more. We're looking at the European trips now. Hope to go in the springtime. I really want to see London, I think I lived there in a past life, I've been obsessed with it since I was 10 years old!!