Zippy Cheese Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The quality of ingredients really affects the quality of the sauce. Use the absolute best cheese you can find and you will never make mac and cheese from a box again.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1 cup grated cheese, packed
- 1 -2 teaspoon prepared horseradish (optional)
- 3 shakes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- Melt butter over low heat in a small sauce pan.
- Whisk in flour and dry mustard.
- Keep whisking for about a minute after it disolves.
- Add the milk and cook over medium heat, whisking frequently of about 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheese and stir until it melts.
- Season with salt, pepper and additional add ins to taste.
- Use anywhere you would use a cheese sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION