- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, I Use KC Masterpiece
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, Cut Into Large pieces
- Combine barbecue sauce, garlic salt, onion flakes, pepper and beer in a gallon size Ziploc freezer bag.
- Close Ziploc and mix thoroughly.
- Add chicken to ziplock and make sure all pieces are covered in marinade.
- Lie bag flat in freezer until frozen solid.
- Chicken can be frozen up to 4 months.
- Move chicken to the refrigerator 2-3 days before serving. Chicken will need time to thoroughly defrost and absorb the marinade.
- Remove and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken pieces on a low heat until internal temp reaches 165 deg, about 7 min per side or 7 min total on a george forman grill.
- For smaller portions place desired amount of chicken in quart size freezer bag and add enough marinade to cover chicken. Freeze as above.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was a very good marinade. I did not use the freeze method but cooked them from fresh. I marinated them about 36 hours using 2 lbs. of chicken. I cooked the pieces in a skillet on the stove top but I think they would have been even better grilled. I'm thinking of dicing up the left overs for a home made bbq pizza. Thanks for sharing!