Zesty Zucchini Boats
photo by maryjjohnson34
- Ready In:
- 200 g white button mushrooms, cleaned and ends trimmed
- 6 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 chipotle pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Add mushrooms to a large food processor and pulse until they are small uniform pieces.
- 3. Slice zucchinis in half lengthwise. Using a teaspoon, scoop the insides out, leaving about half a centimeter around the skin. Chop zucchini insides into small pieces and set aside.
- 4. In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and ground turkey and cook for about 5 minutes, until no pink remains in the turkey.
- 5. Add mushrooms, chopped zucchini flesh, cumin, chili powder and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, until mushrooms are cooked through.
- 6. Add corn kernels, lime juice, adobo sauce and chipotle pepper. Stir to combine. Remove pan from heat.
- 7. In a 9×13-inch baking dish, arrange scooped-out zucchinis.
- 8. Spoon the turkey and mushroom mixture inches Top with cheese.
- 9. Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes, until cheese is bubbly, and zucchinis are cooked through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!