Another recipe from the Low-Fat Living for Real People cookbook. My fiance loves fish and this was a real winner. Halibut is a pretty bland fish but the other ingredients really pep it up.
- Ready In:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 lb halibut fillet
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced thin
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Spray a medium baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
- Lay onion slices on bottom and the fish on top.
- Place the lemon slices on fish and sprinkle with tomato.
- Season with pepper.
- Pour wine all over.
- Slowly bring to a boil on the top of the stove.
- Transfer to the oven and cook 10-15 minutes at 350F until the fish is cooked through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My roommate and I are trying out new "lighter" recipes so I decided I'd give this one a try. It was absolutely wonderful! My roommate couldn't stop saying how good it was! The fish was very moist and flaky. The flavor was great! The grocery store did not have halibut so I substituted Tilapia. I followed everything else exactly. Thanks for a great recipe that I will definitely make again!Reply
The fish was lovely & moist but I did not care for the onion with the wine - it gave it a very different flavor. To be fair to the recipe perhaps it was the wine that I used. It was a dry South African and usually works well in recipes.The fish looks very attractive on the plate, I served it with steamed carrots, Sauteed leeks mixed with mushrooms & onions and a simple boiled potato.Reply
see 3 more