Zesty Chicken Italiano
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced unpeeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced (do not use canned)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste) or 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated (or to taste)
- Heat oil in a large skillet, Saute chicken pieces until lightly browned.
- Add garlic, zucchini and mushrooms and saute for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except the pasta and Parmesan Cheese. Simmer until the favors are well blended and the sauce thickens.
- Cook pasta according to the directions and drain.
- Serve sauce over pasta and sprinkle with the Parmesan Cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!