Zesty Baked Fish With Tomatoes and Feta
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- Pat thawed fish with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Place fillets in a glass baking dish (spray dish with non-stick spray).
- Place 2 tomato slices on each fish fillet.
- Pour Italian Dressing over fish and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes; then top with Feta Cheese and bake another 6-8 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- Optional: If you like olives, sprinkle them on top at the same time as the Feta Cheese.
- For a well balanced meal, serve with brown rice and steamed broccoli.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Lovely fish dish, I used halibut fillets, just made half a recipe for the two of us. Very tasty and a great way to use up some left over feta cheese, I had no Italian dressing so used what I had, 3 cheese ranch to which I added a splash of tabasco. The combination with the tomato slices, dressing and feta was wonderful. Very easy and quick to put together and looked impressive too, quite colourful. Thanks for posting a real keeper and one I will repeat again and again.
Had tilapia loins, and used canned Italian-style diced tomatoes. Added a few strips of pickled red pepper from a jar of salad veggies, and had a jar of TRULY zesty Italian dressing (from a swap partner !). Baked the recommended time, with feta, and had a truly lovely serving platter for 2. Sorry didn't photo. Although tilapia is thinner than a cod fillet, it was not overcooked in the juices. Thanks for posting, Cookin'Diva.
Made this last night for New Kids on the Block tag game and it was light and delicious!!! I did season the fish (with an italian mix herb) and I used Ken's Zesty Italian dressing (that's what I had) and garlic herb feta cheese. Yummo! My cod was very thick so it took me a little longer to bake. I served it with Recipe#409784#409784 and we had a wonderful meal. Thank you for a recipe I definately will make again and again. P.S. I topped this with some chopped chives.