search saves

Zebras

Zebras created by Fairy Nuff

This recipe came from Mr. Food's Cookie cookbook. This recipe doesn't last long at our house.

Ready In:
50mins
Serves:
Yields:
Units:

ingredients

directions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
  • Beat in the eggs, vanilla, flour and baking powder until well mixed.
  • Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips in the microwave or over low heat on the stove.
  • Place half of the batter into a medium-sized bowl and stir in the melted chocolate.
  • Spread evenly in a greased 9x13 baking pan.
  • Drop tablespoons of the remaining batter over the chocolate batter and drag the blade of a butter knife through the batter to create zebra stripes. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and walnuts.
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes.
  • Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Submit a Recipe Correction

MY PRIVATE NOTES

Add a Note
Advertisement
Enter The Sweepstakes
Advertisement

RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY

@Chef on the coast
Contributor
@Chef on the coast
Contributor
"This recipe came from Mr. Food's Cookie cookbook. This recipe doesn't last long at our house."
icons / sparkles / sparkles

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

icons / sparkles / sparkles
icons / camera
upload
icons / star / star-outline
review
icons / write-a-review
tweak
icons / question
ask
all
reviews
tweaks
q&a
sort by: icons / navigate / navigate-down
  1. Fairy Nuff
    Zebras Created by Fairy Nuff
    Reply
  2. Fairy Nuff
    Zebras Created by Fairy Nuff
    Reply
  3. Fairy Nuff
    This was a hit with everyone here. I had some problems with how the recipe is put together. My mix was so thick that there was no way I could drop tablespoons onto the base and drag a knife through it, so I just spread the mix on top and then sprinkled on the walnuts and remaining chocolate chips. I used the zaar conversion to change this recipe to metric.
    Reply
  4. Chef on the coast
    This recipe came from Mr. Food's Cookie cookbook. This recipe doesn't last long at our house.
Advertisement