Zander's Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix till well blended.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to butter mixture. Dough will be stiff.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. (until pale golden, almost undercooked) Do not over brown them or they will be hard and crispy. :-).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Mmm-Mmm Good! I substituted all the white sugar for Splenda and used half brown sugar/half Splenda brown sugar. I also used 1 1/4 wheat flour and 1 cup white. Next time I think I will try all wheat and more Splenda brown sugar. They were delicious and soft. My problem is I can't stop eating them! Don't be afraid to substitute-they didn't taste "healthy"!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the wife of my wonderful husband John and the mother of 3 boys, Zander 5yrs, Asher 2 1/2yrs, and Tiernan 10 months. We live in and love Alaska. I love to hike and camp and go running in the mountains. I work part time as a hairstylist in a little salon in my home. I also enjoy scrap-booking, photography, and reading a really good book(my latest was Twilight by Stephenie Meyer). And I love to cook, especially bake! How I rate recipes: 5 Stars - This recipe is perfect. I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. 4 Stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. 3 Stars - This is a recipe I would not make again, but it was ok. 2 Stars - I would not make this recipe again and we didn't like it at all. 1 Star - This recipe did not work out or the taste was unappealing and I wouldn't make it again.