Yummy Yellow Cake
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour 2 - 8 inch round pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture, then 1/2 the milk, then 1/2 the remaining flour mixture, then the rest of the milk, and then finally the rest of the flour mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined but do not overmix. Overmixing can cause the gluten in the flour to overdevelop leading to a cake that rises too high and overflows the pan. If that does happen you can just trim away the edge though.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake. Do not overbake.
- Cool 15 minutes before turning out onto cooling racks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
i have been baking for years,,yes from scratch,, this recipe disappointed me, the batter tasted great,, good sign, but it flooped to greesy, i followed the recipe and used cake flour,, maybe thats were i went wrong because i usally use all-purpose but wanted to try this,, hope this goes better for you,, oh this recipe is the same as David's Yellow Cake recipe,,,,,,????