Yummy Thai Noodles
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces wide rice noodles, prepared as package directs for pasta, boiled, not soaked
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten, set aside
- 1 medium white onion, chopped coarse
- 1 large carrot, peeled, thin sliced on the bias
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 chicken breast, cut into julienne sized strips
- 3⁄4 lb medium prawns, deveined and shelled
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄3 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 15 ounces straw mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 1 bunch scallion, white part, cut on bias, for topping
- In large wok, mix and simmer 2 tablespoons red curry paste and peanut oil for 2 minutes, add chopped onion and saute over medium heat 4 minutes.
- Add chicken strips and saute, stirring, 3 minutes.
- Add sliced carrots and continue to stir and saute 4 minutes.
- add broccoli florets, stir and saute three minutes more and add drained mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, lightly beat eggs and scramble well in small pan and set aside.
- Boil rice stix for 6 minutes, until just done to the bite; drain.
- In large bowl, whisk together: 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 cup light coconut milk, the brown sugar, peanut butter, 1-2 tablespoons sambal, 1/2 cup water. Pour into wok.
- Add shrimp and bring to simmer, stirring, until shrimp are just cooked through, opaque, and not in tight circles.
- Gently stir in scrambled eggs.
- Drain rice noodles, add to wok, and toss all with tongs or stir with wooden spoon till well mixed. Add sliced scallions, toss. Serve!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I enjoyed this very much, although I confess I was cautious with adding extra 'heat' since my husband struggles with it. I loved that sweet spicy flavour, for me this is fabulous mix! I had to sub zucchini for the broccoli, hope you dont mind, I felt it worked very well, and I used a thin fettucine instead of rice sticks. Enjoyed very much, for ZWT9 Family Picks, Pink Panthers, thank you!
This was a good noodle dish. The red curry paste made it very spicy, even without the sambal. The type of rice noodles they sell in our stores cook in about 1 minute. I tripled the broccoli, and followed Susie's lead and added a red pepper. Also garnished with cilantro. I thought it seemed like it might be too much liquid, but it was fine after adding the noodles. Portions were generous.