Yummy Peanut Butter Cookies
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (I usually use Skippy creamy, but chunky for a change is great)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (I use Imperial for baking usually) or 1/4 cup butter, softened (I use Imperial for baking usually)
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar (for topping)
- Place 2 tablespoons sugar in a small dish and set aside.
- Combine sugars, peanut butter, shortening, margarine and egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir remaining ingredients into mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Dip each ball in sugar on one side.
- Place approximately 2-3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet, sugar side up.
- Lightly press a dinner fork flat across each ball twice to make a criss cross pattern.
- Sprinkle flattened dough with light amount of sugar to "dust" the criss cross.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until cookies are light brown.
- Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes before removing from tray.
- Enjoy! ;).
- TIP- another idea is to press a Hershey's kiss into the middle of each ball prior to baking instead of flattening it with a fork for a "Peanut Butter Kiss". ;) Kids love these!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!