Yummy beef and potato casserole
photo by Juju Bee
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 8 -12 ounces sour cream
- salt & pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- minced fresh parsley (optional)
- Put the potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, and cook over medium-high heat until soft.
- While potatoes are cooking; in a skillet, cook beef, red pepper, and onion until meat is browned and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add corn, soup, milk, and garlic salt.
- Mix well.
- Once the potatoes are soft, drain and mash with sour cream.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Spread meat mixture into a baking dish.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- For additional browning, place under broiler for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good comfort food and a great way to use the rest of our mashed potatoes and some veggies that were about to turn. I used cream of celery soup and added diced tomatoes between the meat and potato layer to use them up before they went bad. I also added some cheese on top which it didn't need but made it look nice. Next time I might add more peppers and onions and possibly carrots, broccoli, etc as they're disguised by the potatoes!
SOOO EASY!! We all really enjoyed this casserole. The only changes I made was to leave out the peppers, and add some peas (seemed like a good thing to do :-) I also peeled and cubed my potatoes before boiling, because I the recipe didn't specify, but that is how we like em. Thank you for this simple and delicious recipe pgserver6!!