Yummy Banana Oatmeal Flax Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flax seed meal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 3 medium bananas, ripe and mashed
- 2 cups rolled oats (pulsed in processor or quick oats)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flax meal.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in bananas, and oats ( I like to process thick oats in the food processor for just a minute, it makes a nicer texture). I prefer not to use quick cooking oats.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes. Immediately remove cookies to wire racks to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have made your recipe several times, once with bananas and the other times with applesauce. Everyone seems to prefer the applesauce. Other wise I followed your recipe almost to a tee, substituting regular Splenda for the brown sugar blend. It is a very good healthy recipe and I thank you for submitting it.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Just added my first child to my family in June 2008. I am learning to be a good mom and homemaker and it is a real challenge, but a great one! I love to cook and try new ideas. I also love the outdoors, travel, live basketball, running, hiking...etc!! I am a southern girl at heart and I love being a housewife. I love all types of foods and I love to re-make recipes into a more "healthy" versions.