Yummy Baked Taters or Wedges
photo by Jubes
- Ready In:
- 1 kg baby potatoes (that's about 2.2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C if fan forced.
- If using baby potatoes, wash and dry them and then cut into quarters. If using larger potatoes cut into rouughly 1 inch pieces.
- I like to place the potatoes into a large plastic bag, or you can add them to a large mixing bowl. The plastic bag is the easiest and least messy option.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and ensure thoroughly mixed.
- Place in the oven and turn after 20 minutes. Cook until done to your liking. Mine usually take 40 to 50 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #72* My new GO-TO recipe for roasted potatoes ! I usually cut them up, add S&P and maybe Italian seasoning, pour "some olive oil, all in a bowl, and roast for 50-60 min. THIS has some REAL flavor ! Loved how the coating disperses in the baggie but generously coats the potato pieces. I used regular sized red 'taters, UNpeeled, (for color and nutrition) and baked for 50 min. in 400*F oven. Thanks for posting, Jubes-- we have enough for leftovers !!
**Jubes**, these potatoes are wonderful... however; I must admit I must admit that I had to make a substitution. I asked DH to pick up a bag of potatoes while at the store but he didn't purchase a single thing on the shopping list except for cheese. So, I had to use sweet potatoes in place of russets. I kept the spices the same though... we all loved the flavor combination! My son who usually complains if his sweet potato isn't swimming in butter, cinnamon and at least a Tbs. of brown sugar actually went back for seconds! I can't wait to make this again- both as written and with sweet potatoes. Made and reviewed for the 71st AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free