Yum-Yum No Bake 3 Layer Bars
These are very easy to put together, you'll be done in under 30 mins. There is no baking but there is a 1 hr chill time. The bars look so tempting when cut and the layers are showing.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light-color corn syrup
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix, mix (4-serving-size packages)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan; set aside.
- BASE LAYER:.
- In a large saucepan, combine granulated sugar and corn syrup; heat and stir just until mixture boils around edges.
- Heat and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until melted.
- Stir in rice cereal and cornflakes until coated.
- Press mixture into the bottom of prepared pan.
- PUDDING LAYER:.
- in a medium saucepan, melt the 3/4 cup butter.
- Stir in powdered sugar, dry vanilla pudding mixes, and milk.
- Spread pudding mixture over cereal layer; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate pieces and the 1/2 cup butter; heat and stir over low heat until melted.
- Spread frosting over pudding layer.
- Cover and chill about 1 hour or until set.
- Remove set mixture from pan by lifting foil.
- Place on a cutting board; cut into 64 bars.
- TO STORE: Layer bars between waxed paper in an airtight storage container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation