Yum Woon Sen or bean thread noodles salad is a popular dish in both inside and outside Thailand. I love how the bland noodles absorb the hot spicy sour dressing while the peanuts add the nutty, crunchiness to the salad. Best in the hot summer day
1. Make the dressing first, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Use warm water to help the sugar dissolve, then put the dressing in the fridge to cool off.
2. Saute the shrimp over medium high heat in a little oil with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a medium-sized pot of water, it should NOT be boiling. Add the glass noodles and allow them to soften, it shouldn’t take more than a few minutes. Taste them to make sure they are soft, but not mushy. Then dump their warm water and cool them off with some ice cubes and cold water. You want to stop them from cooking and cool them off for the salad.
4. Let noodles drain really well before you add the dressing.
5. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and pour the dressing over it. Toss it well so the dressing gets to all the noodles.
6. Sprinkle the crushed peanuts over the top and Its ready to eat.