Yum Woon Sen Salad
photo by samsul h.
- Ready In:
- 1 large bunch rice noodles
- 1 cup raw shrimp or 1 cup ground white meat
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 a regular cucumber, sliced into thin ribbons
- about 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- about 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- about 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, to sprinkle on top
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 -3 Thai chiles, crushed
- 1. Make the dressing first, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Use warm water to help the sugar dissolve, then put the dressing in the fridge to cool off.
- 2. Saute the shrimp over medium high heat in a little oil with salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat a medium-sized pot of water, it should NOT be boiling. Add the glass noodles and allow them to soften, it shouldn’t take more than a few minutes. Taste them to make sure they are soft, but not mushy. Then dump their warm water and cool them off with some ice cubes and cold water. You want to stop them from cooking and cool them off for the salad.
- 4. Let noodles drain really well before you add the dressing.
- 5. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and pour the dressing over it. Toss it well so the dressing gets to all the noodles.
- 6. Sprinkle the crushed peanuts over the top and Its ready to eat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!