Yuletide Linzer Bars
photo by loriyeargan
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 cups butter (softened) or 1 1/3 cups margarine (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon rind
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole almonds, ground
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in egg and lemon peel until blended.
- Mix in flour, almonds, and cinnamon until well blended.
- Press 2 cups dough into bottom or prepared pan.
- Spread preserves over dough.
- Press remaining dough, a small amount at a time, evenly over preserves.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar; cut into bars.