Yugoslavian Fish Skewers With Serbian Tomato Relish
These skewers are delicious, and a perfect alternative to your meat skewers...and more healthy. Suggested types of fish to use: Halibut, rockfish, snapper or orange roughy.The tomato relish should be refrigerated at least 30 minutes, which is not accounted for below.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs fish steaks or 2 lbs fillets, skinned and boned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Serbian Tomato Relish
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small hot red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small hot green chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small hot yellow chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Prepare the Serbian Tomato Relish.
- Core, peel and dice the 2 tomatoes.
- Combine tomatoes and all the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Fish preparation:.
- Cut fish into 1 1/2-inch chunks.
- Mix oil, garlic and pepper.
- Add fish pieces, turning lightly to coat all sides.
- Thread onto 6 skewers.
- Spray broiler rack with cooking spray.
- Place skewers on rack 4 to 6 inches from heat.
- Broil, turning carefully to cook on all sides.
- Cook and turn until lightly browned, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve with tomato relish.