Your Basic Meatballs
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- (Just use your hands*S*).
- Shape into balls, makes about 15- 20.
- (Depending on preference of size).
- Bake in an uncovered, ungreased pan for about 20- 25 minutes.
- (You will know when they are done by color of juices. When fully cooked, juice will go from pink to clear.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh, very good!! I made double the quantity, so that we could have some for dinner, and freeze the rest. Made exactly as per recipe (altho I think I should chopped my onion more finely, but, we like onion!), these turned out perfectly, and the baking method means no excess fat, which is very nice. This is a real winner! I prepared an onion gravy and let the ones we were going to eat simmer in that for half an hour or so, and the rest are safely tucked away in the freezer! Thank you Little Old Me, made for the P-A-R-T-Y tag game!
I made a double batch of these meatballs, they were a very nice texture- in the past I've had problems with my meatballs falling apart.I found that I only needed to use half as much milk as specified in the recipe. I froze the meatballs for future use. I also used the same recipe to make hamburgers for dinner, last night- the only change I made there was to add a grill spice instead of salt and pepper (and again, use only half the amount of milk). The burgers turned out very well.