" You Bring the Macaroni Salad," Macaroni Salad
Whenever we go somewhere for a back yard BBQ, I am asked to bring my macaroni salad. I think the "secret" that makes this macaroni salad different from others is the mixture of miracle whip and mayo. You know, some people like mayo...some like miracle whip. This way, everybody is "half" pleased!! This is another one of my "throw together" recipes, so I have tried my best to give some type of measurements.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) box small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 small sweet onion, diced into small pieces
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- colby cheese or monterey jack cheese, diced into small bite sized pieces
- NOTE: The measurements on the miracle whip, mayonnaise, pickle juice and sugar can be adjusted to your taste.
- Honestly, I never measure "exactly.".
- Also, use as much or as little cheese as you would like.
- Cook macaroni according to directions.
- When draining, run cold water over to keep it from sticking together and to "chill" it.
- Mix mayonnaise, miracle whip, onion, pickle juice and sugar together to make "sauce.".
- After macaroni is completely drained, mix macaroni, "sauce", eggs and cheese until everything is coated and mixed well.
- The longer it chills, the better it gets!