Yogurt Cake With Pomegranate
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to Gas 4, 180C 350F.
- Crush the cardomon pods then remove and crush the seeds (discard the husks) placing them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the semolina, flour, baking power and 125g caster sugar and mix well.
- Beat the yoghurt, eggs and vanilla essence together, add to the semolina and flour and blend until smooth.
- Place in a 23cm cake tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Simmer and reduce the pomegranate juice by half. Add remaining sugar and mix to dissolve - then cool.
- Remove all the seeds from the pomegranate, add to the syrup and mix. Spoon over the cooked cake and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!