Yemeni Date Balls With Almonds
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found on the website globaltableadventure.com. For this recipe I tried a new variety (new to me) of dates called 'Zahidi'.
- Ready In:
- 9 dried dates
- 9 whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds (approximately) or 2 tablespoons brown sesame seeds (approximately)
- ground cardamom (my contribution)
- Remove the pit from each date. Turn the date inside out.
- Place a whole almond in the middle of the date, then roll it into a ball shape (remember you are rolling the date that is inside out).
- Wash your hands because they will be sticky!
- Put the sesame seeds in a deep bowl. Place the date balls in the bowl and gently shake the balls around to cover the dates with the sesame seeds.
- Arrange on a serving platter and if desired, lightly dust with ground cardamom.
- Serve immediately or cover well and refrigerate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION