Yellow Summer Squash Muffins
photo by Chef RZ Fan
- Ready In:
- Preheat Oven to 350 F.
- Lightly spray Muffin Pan with Cooking Spray.
- Combine the Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and Sugar in LARGE bowl.
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl Mix the beaten egg, milk, oil and shredded Yellow Summer Squash.
- Pour the Squash mixture into the hole in the dry ingredients.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the lightly sprayed Muffin Pan filling the cups about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Check if they are done by inserting a knife and seeing that it comes out clean.
- Cool the pan for ten minutes.
- Remove the Muffins.
- Enjoy !
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Was looking for a way to use up a lot of yellow squash and these lowfat muffins were great served with dinner. Good texture and yummy served with honey, but the flavor is very plain. Are probably better suited to breakfast served with sweet toppings. For dinner, I'd add some herbs, maybe garlic. Thanks for sharing the recipe!