Yellow Squash Ribbons With Red Onion and Parmesan
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This sounds so pretty and yummy. From Cooking Light.
- Ready In:
- 4 medium yellow squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shaved fresh parmesan cheese
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave squash into ribbons to measure 5 cups. Discard seeds and core of squash.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add squash, onion, and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender, gently stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add salt, red pepper, and black pepper, and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION