photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Melt the butter in a large stock pot.
- Add the onion, celery and carrot and stir to coat with the melted butter.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until the onion is beginning to soften.
- Stir in the flour and cook gently for 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the chicken stock, bring to a boil, and cover.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the oatmeal and chopped spinach and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cream and season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!