Yellow Angel Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
1 ten inch cake
- Beat egg yolks till thick and lemon colored; add water and beat again till thick.
- Slowly add sugar, beating well after each addition (total beating time 10 minutes--do not under beat).
- Fold in flavorings.
- Fold in flour that was sifted with salt.
- Beat egg whites till foamy.
- Add cream of tartar.
- Beat till stiff and glossy--not dry.
- Fold into batter.
- Pour into ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven about 1 hour.
- To test doneness, gently press top (it should spring back).
- Invert pan and cool completely.
- To remove from pan, run knife around inner and outer ring and invert over rack; remove pan and turn right side up.
- Serve plain, frosted or glazed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!