Yaya's Easy and Delicious Meatloaf
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes dry onion soup mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken stove top stuffing mix, I use the store brand
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 large onion, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup water, medium hot
- Put the stuffing mix into a large mixing bowl and add water. Mix with hands until stuffing feels good and moist. You may need a bit more than the half cup.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the stuffing mix. Using your clean hands, mix very well -- make sure everything is really mixed up well.
- Place mixture into 2 ungreased meatloaf pans. Pack firmly.
- Using your fingers, press down all around the sides of the meatloaves seperating the sides about 1" away from the pan -- the top of the loaves will look a bit rounded (this helps allow the grease to run off the top of the loaves).
- Bake on middle oven rack at 350 - degrees for about 1 hour. Let cool for
- 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- *NOTE* I usually can test doneness by the way the center of the loaf feels when I touch it (feels about like the area around my wrist). If you are new to cooking, you may want to stick a knife in the center of the loaf and if the juices run clear (no blood) then it is done. Those more experienced than I may want to use a meat thermometer but I have no idea what it should read. LOL.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> I'm a Southern Gal ... Georgia born and raised. I have 3 wonderful grown children and 4 totally delightful g-babes (they call me Ya-ya). I love to cook and try new dishes. I am mostly a So. Ga. country cook hough I refuse to deep fry anything. Instead, I oven fry a good bit and mostly I bake. I just bought myself a bread machine (found it brand new ... never been opened ... at a Goodwill store for only $24.00 !!! Good deal! The recipes in the booklet were awful so I searched for more and found, not only a great roll recipe, but I also discovered the wonderful world of RecipeZaar! I do believe I am really going to like this place!