- Ready In:
- 1 cup leftover mashed sweet potatoes (or yams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt (or 3/4 teaspoon table salt)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup leftover cranberry sauce
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together potatoes, eggs, sugar, oil, water, zest, and vanilla with a wooden spoon.
- In another bowl, whisk together flours, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, then add to the sweet potato mixture and stir until just combined.
- Gently stir in cranberry sauce.
- Spoon batter into the muffin cups and bake until muffins are browned and the tops spring back when you press them lightly with your fingertip, about 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack 5 minutes, then turn muffins out onto rack to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!