Yam and Black Bean Wraps (Louisiana)
Although slightly tweaked now, the original of this recipe was found on the website sweetpotato.org.
- Ready In:
- 2 yams, shredded (about 2 cups, I prefer not peeling them.)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing, lite
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed to soften
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the shredded yams over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until crisp tender, then transfer to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, sprayed again, saute the red onion for 5 minutes or until tender, then add the onion to the shredded yams, along with the black beans, green onions & sunflour seeds, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing & honey, before adding this to the yam mixture, tossing to coat.
- Fill the tortillas & wrap them up.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I LOVE this! I made half of the recipe and it still made two wraps. The combination of the cooked sweet potato and onion with the uncooked green onions, sesame seeds and black beans was excellent! This is a great veggie/vegan option for lunch or dinner. This will be my first recipe to make it into my best of the best of 2012 cookbook!