Hot Potato Stew from the Arab Emirates. From the Vegetarian Journal
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet peppers, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 large potatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon rind, finely chopped
- Peel and chop the potatoes into large pieces.
- Sauté peppers and onions over medium heat in oil for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coriander and garlic and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium heat for 40 minutes. The potatoes should be well done but still somewhat firm.
- If needed add more water.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION