Xochipilli's Pork Adobada Tacos
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2⁄3 cup fresh pineapple chunk
- 3⁄4 cup achiote paste
- 1⁄4 cup granulated garlic
- 7 lbs boneless pork butt
- 20 corn tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Puree the salt, pineapple, achiote and garlic in a blender until a thick paste forms, adding up to 1/4 cup water if necessary.
- Trim and remove most of the fat from the pork butt. Slice and then dice the trimmed meat and mix with half the puree. Place in the fridge and let sit for 24 hours.
- Before cooking the pork, rub the puree into the meat, adding more if necessary. Add to a skillet and cook over medium heat until the meat is cooked through and browned, 6 to 10 minutes.
- On a heated griddle, warm two tortillas and place them together one on top of the other, fill with meat. Garnish with a sprinkle of cilantro and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!