Xinxim De Galimba
- Ready In:
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillet (about 2.2 lbs)
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 g diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red palm-fruit oil (or you can use another tablespoon of olive oil)
- 50 g dried shrimp, finely ground in a blender (or use mortar and pestle)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (125 mls)
- 1⁄2 bunch coriander, leaves picked (cilantro)
- 2 tablespoons cashews, crushedor 2 tablespoons peanuts, crushed
- 200 g green prawns (shrimp, weighed without shells)
- chile, chopped (optional)
- black pepper, to taste
- Marinate the chicken in the lime juice, garlic, ginger and salt for 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Saute the onion in the olive oil then stir in the marinated chicken.
- Add the tomato and palm-fruit oil and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the cilantro/coriander leaves, cashews or peanuts and prawns/shrimp. Cover with a lid and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes, until the prawns are cooked through.
- Stir in chilli (if using) and add a little black pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve with rice and salad.
- "Que comida deliciosa!" - To compliment the chef- "What delicious food!".
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free