Ww Southern-Style Fried Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 ounces buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 365ºF. Lightly coat an 8 X 8 X 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, salt and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. In 2 separate bowls, place the buttermilk and corn flakes crumbs .
- Evenly coat each side of the chicken breast halves in the flour mixture. Next, dip the chicken into the buttermilk and then corn flakes crumbs.
- Place the coated chicken breasts in the baking dish from step 1. Bake about 25 to 30 minutes (there is no need to flip the chicken during baking). Yields 1 breast per serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was excited to try this, but when I first tasted it, I wasn't too impressed. I don't know what it was, but it was just kinda blah. BUT, adding a dipping sauce made a huge difference. I used an asian honey mustard, and it was awesome! I cut my chicken into strips, and cooked them for 30 minutes. Thanks for sharing!