Ww Peppermint Crisscross Cookies
photo by Jadelabyrinth
- Ready In:
- Place oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a meduim bowl. With electric mixer on med speed, beat butter until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add sugar and beat until well blended, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended.
- Add flour mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in crushed candies.
- Form dough by tablespoonfulls into 1-inch balls.
- Place balls on 2 large ungreased baking sheets 2 inches apart. Firmly press top of each cookie with tines of fork to form crisscross pattern.
- bake until cookies are golden on bottom and firm in center, 14-15 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking time. Let cookies cool slightly on baking sheets, about 3 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks and let cool completely. If making ahead, trasfer to airtight containers with wax paper between layers. Cover and store room temperature up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These taste like a peppermint shortbread cookie. I am not that fond of shortbread and would have given them 3 stars, but people at work said they were amazing, so i'm averaging it out to four stars. I cooked them for 13 minutes a batch and got 40 cookies out of it. I used 12 peppermint starlight mints and they came out to 3 PP per cookie. I made these for PAC Spring 2013.