Ww Honey-Glazed Salmon With Wasabi - 4 Points
photo by Probably This
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons sweet cooking rice wine (mirin)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 lb salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- To make the sauce, bring the mirin, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger, and wasabi to boil in a small saucepan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat until the flavors are blended and the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the salmon with the salt and the pepper.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over high heat.
- Add the salmon and cook, turning once, until the fish is browned on the outside and opaque in the center, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Spoon the sauce over the salmon.
- Sprinkle with the scallions.
- Serve at once.
This is a wonderful "new" way to cook salmon! So easy and very different than any other salmon recipe I have seen or tried. I followed Kertuffle-Upon-Wincle's suggestion to bake the salmon at 425 for 8 minutes and it was perfect. I didn't have any trouble with the sauce thickening even before I baked it. Will do this next time as well! Thanks for this great recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>