Ww Hearty Turkey Chili (4pts=old System; 6pt+pointsplus)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 23mins
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots (med)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups kidney beans (cooked)
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- Coat a Lg pot with cooking spray & place over med. heat.
- Add oil & onion (saute until soft, about 5 min).
- Add garlic & carrots (cook until garlic is softened, about 1 min).
- Add Turkey & brown meat (breaking it up w/ a woodedn spoon as it cooks, about 5 minute Stir to break up lumps).
- Add chili powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, cumin, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, vinegar, beans, & green pepper. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat & simmer until meat & vegtables are tender (about 30-45 min).
- Season to taste w/ salt & pepper. Garnish with scallions.
- Yeilds 1 Cup per serving = 4pts.
- UPDATE: Under the new PointsPlus Program it is now 6pts per serving (based on the nutrition facts next to recipe).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to bake and to read. However, man cannot live on cake alone. So, I am trying to ?broaden my cooking horizons?.