Ww Almond - Honey Chicken - 6 Pts.
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken breast halves, skinless boneless
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, golden
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 green onions, julienne-cut (optional)
- 4 whole unshelled almonds, halved (optional)
- Combine 2 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon oil, and vinegar in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Add chicken, stirring to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon honey, chicken broth, and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stir well, and set aside.
- Remove chicken from bowl, and discard marinade.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; saute' 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium; add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Add chicken broth mixture; cover and cook 6 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Place chicken breasts on individual plates; set aside, and keep warm.
- Bring broth mixture to a boil; stir in 1/4 cup almonds, and cook 4 minutes.
- Spoon sauce evenly over each chicken breast.
- Garnish with green onions and unshelled almonds, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm always on the lookout for yet another wonderful recipe for preparing chicken breasts since we eat a lot of 'em, & this recipe is a definite keeper! The marinade does a nice number on the breasts & when served with a brown-rice-&-peas side, most satisfying! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>