Ww 3 Points - Shrimp With Key Lime Cocktail Sauce
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb shrimp, medium, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water and place them in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover them; heat just until the water begins to simmer.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside 1 minute, or until the shrimp are opaque in the center.
- Drain the shrimp, then plunge them into a bowl of ice water.
- Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange on a serving platter.
- To make the cocktail sauce, combine the ketchup, key lime juice, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce in a small bowl.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more hot pepper sauce or Worcestershire sauce as desired.
- Serve the shrimp with the cocktail sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I bought some shrimp the other evening on a whim, and decided I wanted to serve something different than cocktail sauce with it. Since I love lime, and I had all the ingredients, I decided to give this a whirl. I was a little afraid I wouldn't like it since the ingredients sounded like an odd combination, but I LOVED it!! I can't wait to make it again! Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY