Worms on a Bun With Zombie Sauce
photo by bubbles_fun
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot dogs
- 6 hamburger buns
- funky purple Heinz ketchup (or regular ketchup with blue food color added)
- Bring about 6 cups of water to a boil. Meanwhile, slice the hot dogs in half lengthwise, then slice each half into thin lengthwise strips.
- Drop the hot dog slices into the boiling water. Stir occasionally until the water returns to the boil and hot dog stips curl. Remove the pan from the heat and drain the hot dog worms. Arrange the hot worms on the hamburger buns and serve topped with zombie sauce (purple ketchup).
- Note: The hot dogs may, also, be microwaved or grilled to achieve the same curled results.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!