World's Greatest Sugar Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 cup Crisco
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 -8 cups flour
- 1 cup buttermilk (add soda and let set while mixing other ingredients)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon flavoring (i.e. vanilla, orange, lemon)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream Crisco and sugar together.
- Add all other ingredients except flour.
- Slowly add flour until you can handle it enough to roll out on a floured surface (Dough can also be used for filled cookies).
- Cut dough with cookie cutters into fun shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- Don't overcook.
- They will look pretty lightly colored when done.
- If they start to brown, you've cooked them too long and they won't be soft.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
2nd review: I made these again and they are sooooo good! I had people begging me for more, and I had planned on taking them to neighbors and friends.....it is a good thing I doubled the recipe. I did actually use cookie cutters this time *I went out and finally broke down and bought some*, and they were so easy to do! I also cooked them for 8 minutes exactly this time, due to a new oven that heats and works properly. Thanks so much for this great recipe!!! 1st review: These are the BEST sugar cookies that I have made, by far!!! I love this recipe and will be making these from now on. They were a flaky soft, which is what I love in sugar cookies. I added 7 cups flour, then used a cookie scoop (1-inch) and then placed them on an ungreased cookie sheet. I then used the bottom of a glass coated with sugar to flatten them to 1/4 inch, and baked them for about 10-12 minutes. I was finding that cooking them for 8 minutes wasnt enough, and 10 minutes they were still a tiny bit doughy, but I just kept testing them, but didnt really keep track of the time. Thanks so much, and hope you like the pic! :)