World's Best Whole Wheat Biscuits
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, stir together both flours, the sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a fork, gradually stir in the cream until a soft dough is formed.
- On a lightly floured board, knead the dough 10 to 12 times. Re-flour the board and pat into a circle or rectangle 1/2 inch thick. Using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut into biscuits (or just cut into 2 1/2-inch squares).
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden on top.
- Variation: Add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg to the dry ingredients.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!