World's Best Chocolate Cake
This chocolate cake is famous in my husband's family. It is moist and delicious, and is a favorite at birthdays.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk (or sour milk)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together sugar and flour and set aside.
- Bring cocoa, butter, water, and oil to a rapid boil.
- Remove from heat and immediately sift in sugar mixture.
- Beat eggs and slowly stir into hot mixture.
- Add buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes in a greased 9 X 13 pan.
- Use your favorite frosting to coat, or sprinkle on powder sugar for a garnish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION