Wonderful Angel Food Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups egg whites (room temperature)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare an angel food cake pan (ungreased).
- Fift flour and 3/4 cups sugar 4-5 times (this is important!).
- Beat egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Add in the cream of tartar and almond extract; beat again.
- Add in remining sugar (1 tablespoon at a time).
- Add in almond extract.
- Sift or spoon flour mixture over top (a small amount at a time); fold (DO NOT BEAT!) in lightly.
- Pour into ungreased angel food cake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour (my cake has even been done in 40 minutes in my air-convection oven).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!