Womans Day Chicken Enchiladas
- Ready In:
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, mild
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar green chili salsa (salsa verde)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package flour tortillas
- Pam cooking spray
- In a bowl, mix chicken 1/2 cup of sour cream, garlic, cumin, chillies and 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Puree, salsa, water and remaining sour cream in blender or food processor. Spread one cup over bottom of prepared dish.
- Spoon 1/3 chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place in greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Pour remaining sauce and cheese over and bake uncovered 35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
married, have 3 grown children, now 3 grandkids, 2 crazy zany cats.Quit smoking over a year ago so food tastes better, then started going to gym, hurt my knee,now rehabbing it(just reread this just the knee's in rehab) sucks getting older!We watch our salt intake hubby's issue so try to shy away from can of soup recipes, loaded. Like everyone else here have quite a few cookbooks one note book on splattered on bearlyreadable hand written recipe collection started at seventeen. Started cooking when my mom got sick, been at since then.