Winter Squash Baked With Maple Syrup
This is a very simple, tried and true recipe from Fannie Farmer, with very minor changes. You must use PURE maple syrup for this to come out right. Butternut Squash can be prepared this way as well. Oh, I forgot to add, it is delicious!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 pinch salt, to taste per side
- fresh ground pepper, just two twists per side
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the squash.
- Cut the squash in half from top to bottom.
- Remove the seeds (these are great cleaned up and roasted).
- Sprinke with salt and pepper (you really need very little of both).
- Place cut side down on a baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the squash is easily pierced with a fork.
- Turn the squash cut side up and poke the cut side several times with a fork.
- Spread 1 tbs of butter and drizzle 1/2 tbs of maple syrup onto each half.
- Return to the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!