Winston (Style) Bagel
photo by januarybride
- Ready In:
2 bagel halves
- 1 bagel (plain Lender's are the best for this)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese
- 20 raisins
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds (lovingly referred to as "seeds")
- 2 big slice Granny Smith apples
- 4 thin slices cucumbers (may take3 per bagel to cover it completely)
- 1⁄4 cup mixed sprouts
- bacon bits
- Split your bagel in half and grill (or toast in the toaster if you must) til warm and light brown.
- Slather each side with a little butter, then cream cheese, then 10 raisins on each bagel, then sunflower seeds. Top cucumber, sprouts, bacon bits, then apple and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
- As an adult, I now eat my bagel open faced, however the original is served sandwich style.
- NOTE: In true Winston fashion, I must tell you that he would make your bagel with any combo of ingredients you wished. Sometimes I added bacon bits and sweet onion to my combo above. . .depended on how many drinks I had that night LOL. He also offers garlic powder, but that never fit with my chosen combo.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!