Wilton Snow White Buttercream Cake Icing
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup water, divided
- 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 1⁄4 cup meringue powder
- 12 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (about 3 lbs.)
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable shortening
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon no-color almond extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon no-color butter flavor extract
- Stiff Consistency: In large bowl, combine 2/3 cup water and meringue powder; whip with electric mixer at high speed until peaks form.
- Add 4 cups sugar, one cup at a time, beating at low speed after each addition.
- Add remaining 8 cups sugar and 3 tablespoons water, shortening and corn syrup in 3 additions, blending well after each.
- Add salt and flavorings; beat at low speed until smooth.
- Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use. For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.
- For thin (spreading) consistency icing, add up to 4 more tablespoons each water and corn syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!