Wild Rice Stuffing with Dried Apricots and Pecans
- Ready In:
- 2 cups wild rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 2 stalks celery, chopped well
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat combine the rice, stock, 1/4 t.
- salt and 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring often, until rice is tender, about 40 minutes.
- If all the liquid isnt absorbed dont worry about it, as long as the rice is done.
- Add the apricots, celery, carrots, onions and nuts to the rice mixture, stir and cover for 15 minutes.
- Taste and add remaining salt if you want and pepper to taste.
- Drain if needed.
- Stuff bird or place in a buttered casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
VERY good! I had to do without the sage, as I was already assembling the stuffing when I realized I didn't have any, so I may have to make this again sometime when I *do* have sage. But, even so, this had great flavor and texture. I love both apricots and wild rice anyway, so I wasn't surprised that I enjoyed this so much. :) The recipe didn't specify when to add the thyme, sage and parsley, so I added them at the same time I added the onion, etc., and it seemed to work out just fine.