Wild Rice & Sausage Hot Dish
photo by Low Stress Feasting
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups raw wild rice
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 12 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- Cook rice according to package directions - the Minnesota hand-harvested type I use takes 35-45 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, chop vegetables and add to rice pot.
- Cook sausage in a skillet until browned; drain and set aside.
- Once rice is done, mix sausage into pot. Add soups; stir to combine well. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!